Hey everyone! I was able to get some crafty time in yesterday (wahoo!). I had so much fun making this card.
I started off the background using only inks from the Tim Holtz Distress Mini Distress ink kits #1 and #2. < Click there to purchase for the super low price of $5.59! I blended them using foam. I started off with Mustard Seed, then Spiced Marmalade, Picked Raspberry, Seedless Preserves, and lastly Salty Ocean. When the blending was done, I gave the background 2 spritzes of Hawaiian Shores Luster Mica Spray Mist. Then I stamped the tree and leaves from Lawn Fawn’s Sweater Weather Stamp Set. I used a silver metallic gel stick from Faber-Castell mixed with a little bit of water to stamp the stars at the top. The ground is a mixture of spackling and slate grey acrylic paint that was applied with a palette knife. I dried one layer a little with my heat tool (it will bubble if you heat it too much) and then applied a second layer which was then sprinkled with Martha Stewart glitter. The cute little monsters are from Lawn Fawn’s Spooktacular Stamp Set. I colored them with watercolor pencils ( a technique I am trying to get better at!) and fussy cut them. They were applied with homemade glue dots. The beautiful sentiment on the side of the card is a chipboard laser cut by Intoxicating Arts. These are $1.69 and come in a 2 pack with one Card Maker size and one Scrapbooking Size. The chipboard was colored using the same silver metallic Faber-Castell Gel Stick, but this time it was mixed with Claudine Hellmuth Studio Gloss Medium. I also used the gloss medium to adhere it to the card stock. I hope you enjoyed this card and if you have any questions, please let me know!
I had some fun last weekend making some Halloween cards using some NEW Lawn Fawn Stamps. I really enjoy making scene cards. I made almost the same scene on all of these cards, but I used different techniques each time. I used alcohol markers with the distress spritzer, water color, distress ink blending, masking , etc. I plan on making more of these scene cards and trying out different techniques to see how many cool looking sunsets I can get! I used the little hill from Lawn Fawn’s “Life is Good” stamp set. The cat and sentiment are from Lawn Fawn’s “Spooktacular” and the tree and leaves are from Lawn Fawn’s “Sweater Weather” . Both of the sets are available in our store by clicking the link. They are only $14.49 and you get FREE shipping if you spend over $40.00. That’s pretty easy to do considering we currently have 25 different items from Lawn Fawn available!
This was one of those cards I made up as I went along. I really like how it came out, which was nice because it seems to be hit or miss with those types of cards. The background was done using 4 different smooch spritz colors. The moon was punched with a 1-1/2″ circle punch. The clouds and lightening bolt were cut on my eclips . The background paper is from a Martha Stewart mat pad. Various distress inks were used throughout. The moon was colored using Spectrum Noire markers. The lightening bolt was colored using one of the new metallic distress stains. The bird stamp and cityscape on the edge die are both Tim Holtz. If you need specifics or a tutorial on anything, just let me know!
This card was super easy and quick but it still has a great display . I’m not getting into all the details on this one either because I plan on having many more cards to share with you. Besides, I am more than happy to answer any questions! 🙂
I’ll have to be quick about this post but I want to cover some basics . The sunset idea was taken from Kristina Werner . She did it darker than this but the idea entirely came from watching her recent video. I originally did want to have a haunted house in the background and to have a fore and mid ground. However my brain has issues putting distances on a piece of paper so I scratched that plan. The On the Edge die that I used for the fence is called “iron gate” . The stamps are various studio g, fiskars, and inkadinkado stamps from this year and the past year. I used Spectrum Noire markers for some simple coloring. The labels die cuts are from a Spellbinders set. The far right headstone was made using ECAL and cut on my eClips . It was very easy to make, but if you’d like the svg file I’d be glad to send it. I’m not going to get into details but if you need to know the colors I used, what stamp is which company and etcetera , just ask me and I’ll be happy to tell you .