This card took me a while to do but it was a lot of fun! Avery Elle has a new stamp set out called Pixie Dust and it’s just adorable!
Here’s the card:
She’s just so cute! This card did take a while and it’s PACKED with techniques. In order to not make this blog post monumentally long, I am going to to a quick run down of what was done.
- Stamp the fairy girl with her wand on 140lb watercolor paper using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. Let it dry.
- Cover the fairy girl with liquid frisket to mask her off from the background spraying. Let it dry.
- Mix Luster Mica Powder in Hawaiian Orchid and Deep Sea Dive , or Blue Ice, in a Fine Mist Spray bottle. Spray the background keeping some of each color more concentrated in the top or bottom. Dry with heat tool.
- Remove Liquid Frisket with included remover and color fairy girl using Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers and Water Brush .
- Stamp stars from the Pixie Dust Stamp set on the top half of the card using Versamark Ink and cover with Embossing Powder Sticky. Heat until it changes clear then cover with glitter.
- Spell out “Fairy Kisses” in Silhouette Studio using Blessed Day Font from http://www.urbanfonts.com . Weld the letters together and cut it out using your Silhouette Cameo 2 .
- Stamp the sentiment on a scrap piece of paper that you have inked with Picked Raspberry Distress Ink. Also ink up the Fairy Kisses sentiment with this ink.
- Run “Fairy Kisses” through a Xyron Creative Station with sticker adhesive installed to turn this intricate die cut into a easy to place sticker.
- Adhere other sentiment using a tape runner or liquid glue.
- Revel in the beauty of your card! You’re done!
Here’s a close up of the fairy girl: Thank you so much for stopping by!