I had some fun last weekend making some Halloween cards using some NEW Lawn Fawn Stamps. I really enjoy making scene cards. I made almost the same scene on all of these cards, but I used different techniques each time. I used alcohol markers with the distress spritzer, water color, distress ink blending, masking , etc. I plan on making more of these scene cards and trying out different techniques to see how many cool looking sunsets I can get! I used the little hill from Lawn Fawn’s “Life is Good” stamp set. The cat and sentiment are from Lawn Fawn’s “Spooktacular” and the tree and leaves are from Lawn Fawn’s “Sweater Weather” . Both of the sets are available in our store by clicking the link. They are only $14.49 and you get FREE shipping if you spend over $40.00. That’s pretty easy to do considering we currently have 25 different items from Lawn Fawn available!
This was one of those cards I made up as I went along. I really like how it came out, which was nice because it seems to be hit or miss with those types of cards. The background was done using 4 different smooch spritz colors. The moon was punched with a 1-1/2″ circle punch. The clouds and lightening bolt were cut on my eclips . The background paper is from a Martha Stewart mat pad. Various distress inks were used throughout. The moon was colored using Spectrum Noire markers. The lightening bolt was colored using one of the new metallic distress stains. The bird stamp and cityscape on the edge die are both Tim Holtz. If you need specifics or a tutorial on anything, just let me know!
I’ll have to be quick about this post but I want to cover some basics . The sunset idea was taken from Kristina Werner . She did it darker than this but the idea entirely came from watching her recent video. I originally did want to have a haunted house in the background and to have a fore and mid ground. However my brain has issues putting distances on a piece of paper so I scratched that plan. The On the Edge die that I used for the fence is called “iron gate” . The stamps are various studio g, fiskars, and inkadinkado stamps from this year and the past year. I used Spectrum Noire markers for some simple coloring. The labels die cuts are from a Spellbinders set. The far right headstone was made using ECAL and cut on my eClips . It was very easy to make, but if you’d like the svg file I’d be glad to send it. I’m not going to get into details but if you need to know the colors I used, what stamp is which company and etcetera , just ask me and I’ll be happy to tell you .